Friday, May 4, 2012

Skylar Lane Speaks Out About Her American Idol Elimination

0 comments
Last night on American Idol, 18-year old Skylar Lane was voted out and although a lot of people felt this was a �shocker�, I wasn�t surprised at all because honestly, I just didn�t think she would be able to sell records.In the first place, it�s hard to hear her and even mentor Jimmy Lovine had commented on that, �she has to read the words better so people can understand her.� Second, her corny outfits and silly stage shows are not appealing. Now the final four that we are left with are Hollie Cavanagh, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez. Although I believe three of them belong there, certainly Jessica should have been given the boot for her �embarrassing and awkward� rendition of Tina Turner singing Proud Mary.



Now don�t worry about Skylar, she is not sad about being voted out, in fact, she is quite happy about it.I�m just relieved. There�s no pressure anymore. I�m sad, but I just want to go home to my family and my friends. I want to do dirt riding! That�s the first thing I�m going to do.�She goes on to admit that she was �really not surprised� to hear Idol host, Ryan Seacrest dish the news on the Idol result show. �You can�t ever be surprised, seeing the weird results this whole past season. I�m just relieved right now. I went out on a good note, I�m really happy with my performances.�



Well, even though I am not a fan of hers, I do have to say one thing; at least she didn�t leave �cocky� like Colton Dixon and Elise Testone.In her final words to US, Skylar said, �It sounds crazy but I�m going to miss and not miss the schedule. It�s going to be weird getting up every morning and not doing this. Once I get home and I have downtime, it�s going to be like, �Whoa! This is weird,� because we never had downtime. I wish I could have a week at home just to do anything. I�m grateful for everything.�


Leave a Reply

Labels